Burgos was founded by Ilocano settlers from Ilocos Norte who petitioned the government to create a town out of the settlement as the population steadily increased. The request to establish the municipality was granted, naming the new town San Isidro de Putot. Years later, the town was renamed Burgos after a Filipino priest who fought against the Spanish occupiers. The town was originally part of the province of Zambales but was ceded to the province of Pangasinan together with Alaminos, Bolinao, Anda, Bani, Agno, and Infanta by virtue of Public Act No. 1004 dated November 30, 1903, of the Philippine Commission.
Located at the westernmost point of Luzon, Burgos is part of the first congressional district of Pangasinan and is 65 kilometers away from the capital town of Lingayen. It has a land area of 13,132 hectares and a population of 23,749 according to the latest census data.
Burgos is famous for its natural wonders like Cabongaoan White Sand Beach, Pao Beach, Paratek Beach, Rolling Hills, and Sangbay Falls, which attract tourists from all over the country who come to unwind. The town’s main products are rice, bamboo, charcoal, coconut, and fish.
Alberto Guiang Jr.
King Jordan Valenzuela
Fred Christian Nacar