Lingayen is dubbed “the heart, the soul, and the face” of the Province of Pangasinan.
The municipality got its name from a certain corpulent tamarind tree that grew at the present town plaza. The tree was exceptionally big, tall and spreading that the surrounding trees were just dwarfs in comparison. Passersby developed the habit of looking back and back again at this corpulent tree until it would vanish from their view. When they arrived home and were asked what way they took in return, they would simply say through Lingayen meaning “looking back”. Since then up to the present time, the town bears its name as “LINGAYEN.”
Lingayen is the home of the most delectable bagoong. The theory of some makers is that the salinity of the air is a factor why fish fermenting is very ideal in Lingayen.
Today, Lingayen is considered one of the most beautiful place and most peaceful municipality of Pangasinan that made it worthy to be loved, looked back, patronized, visited and revisited.
MAYOR: LEOPOLDO N. BATAOIL
VICE MAYOR: JUDY DL. VARGAS
LAND AREA: 6,276 hectares
NO. OF BARANGAYS: 32
CLASSIFICATION: 1st class
TOWN FIESTA: Bagoong Festival / Lingayen Town Fiesta / January
PISTA’Y DAYAT: Last week of April – May 1
INDUSTRIES: bangus and aquaculture, bagoong/patis making,nipa vinegar, nipa roof shingles making, furniture making, coconut midribs and buri crafts, rice
Lingayen Gulf Beach Club
MacArthur Landing Marker
Epiphany of Our Lord’s Parish Church
Ramos Ancestral House/Museum
Lingayen View Park, Veterans Memorial Park
Narciso Ramos Sports and Civic Center
Plaza de Lingayen
Epiphany of Our Lord Parish Church (1575)