In line with its mission and vision, the PPJ endeavors to perform the following functions:
– Issuance of Certificate of Detention upon request.
– Granting of Good Conduct Time Allowance and Credit for Preventive Imprisonment to qualified PDL for their early release and for Jail decongestion.
PROVIDING ASSISTANCE DURING:
- Visitation of PAO lawyers/counsel of PDLs
- Visitation of Judges
- Visitation of Human Rights
- Conduct of OPLAN “Greyhound” by Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), Region 1
- Visitation of Board of Pardons and Parole for information dissemination to PDL rights
- Among others
- Received/released PDL on orders of court/legal authorities
- Verification to Clerks of Court whether the PDL has pending warrant prior release by virtue of court order and/or fully served sentence
- Escorting of PDL during court hearings
- Escorting of male PDL for transfer to New Bilibid Prison for final confinement
- Escorting of female PDL for transfer to Correctional Institution for Women for Final Confinement
- Escorting of PDL for transfer to BJMP for continuous Confinement
- Escorting of PDL for Referral for Drug Rehabilitation to DOH, Drug Treatment and Rehabilitation Center, Dagupan City and Mega Drug Treatment and Rehabilitation Center, Nueva Ecija
- Escorting of PDL for Psychiatric Examination at Baguio General Hospital
- Escorting of PDL to National Center for Mental Health for long term treatment
- Escorting of PDL subjected to Drug Dependency Examination
- Escorting of PDL for medical examination/confinement to a hospital
- Escorting of PDL for swab/antigen test prior their release from the custody of PPJ
PROVIDING ASSISTANCE AT ITS HIGHEST LEVEL DURING:
- Conduct of Medical/Dental Mission for the PDL in quarterly basis.
- Conduct of religious activities such as: Roman Catholic Church, United Methodist Church, Jehova’s Witness, Pentecostal Missionary Church of Christ.
- Allow spouses/visitors/relatives of PDL twice a week for regular family and/or conjugal visitation.
- Conduct of counseling among PDL by their respective counsel/lawyers; and
- Regular conduct of sports activities such as Basketball and Zumba.