- Represent the province in all civil actions and special proceedings wherein the government unit or any official thereof, in his official capacity, is a party.
- When required by the governor or sanggunian, draft ordinances, contracts, bonds, leases, and other instruments involving any interest of the local government unit and provide comments and recommendations on any instruments already drawn.
- Render his opinion in writing on any question of law when requested to do so by the governor or sanggunian, as the case may be.
- Investigate or cause to be investigated any local official or employee for administrative neglect or misconduct in office and recommend appropriate action to the governor or sanggunian, as the case may be.
- Investigate or cause to be investigated any person, firm, or corporation holding any franchise or exercising any public privilege for failure to comply with any term or condition in the grant of such franchise or privilege and recommend appropriate action to the governor.
- When directed by the governor, or sanggunian, initiate and prosecute, in the interest of the local government unit concerned, any civil action on any bond, lease, or other contract upon any breach or violation thereof.
- Review and submit recommendations on ordinances approved and execute orders issued by component units.
- Render legal advice on matters pertaining to the decision-making functions of the department heads of the provincial government.
To provide quality, effective, adequate, and competent legal services to the Provincial Government of Pangasinan, its officials, employees, and the constituents of the province as mandated by the Local Government Code of 1991, and uphold the rule of law, justice, and equity.
A dynamic and pro-active office manned by ethical and competent employees ready to serve the Provincial Government, its component local government units, and the public with fast, efficient, convenient, and reliable legal services and to be an office that is independent and worthy of public trust and confidence.