Santa Barbara

The town of Santa Barbara was once called “Tolong”, named after a major river that runs through the town called Tolong River now the Sinocalan River. The first settlers of Tolong were river people whose population flourished along the riverbanks and creeks of the river during the pre-colonial era.

Santa Barbara was part of the ancient Wangdom of Caboloan, a pre-colonial kingdom that once ruled in the Province of Pangasinan. The arrival of the Spanish empire and its eventual conquest of the province resulted in the downfall of Caboloan. Its strategic location made Santa Barbara one of the first pueblo’s to be established by the Spanish conquistadores in 1580.

The town served as the headquarters of the Katipunan Forces in Pangasinan during the Filipino Revolution against the Spanish empire. Led by Daniel Maramba, a Santa Barbara native, the Filipino Revolutionaries fought bravely as they repelled the Spanish and successfully mounted several counter-offensives against the enemy.

Santa Barbara is a first-class municipality located in the central plains of Pangasinan. Santa Barbara is 24 kilometers from the capital town of Lingayen. The town is part of the third congressional district. Santa Barbara has a total land area of 6,548 hectares and a population of 92,187 people according to the 2020 census.

There are numerous tourist and cultural heritage sites in Santa Barbara. one is the Santa Barbara Parish of the Holy Family Church, built in 1716. Part of the Archdiocese of Lingayen-Dagupan, the heritage church is a popular site among the faithful to visit during the holy week. The Daniel Maramba Historical marker, unveiled by the National Historical Commission on 21 July 1970, is also visited by history buffs to learn more about the life of the “grand old man of Pangasinan”


Carlito Zaplan Sr.

Vice Mayor
Rogelio Navarro

Eleazar Dalope
Marking Cruz
Bobby Barbiran
Bernardine Barbiran
Carlito Zaplan Jr.
Ramil Delos Santos
Phyll Anthony Zaplan
Roderick Torio

San Carlos City

The City of San Carlos was once called Binalatongan, the capital of Caboloan, a kingdom that once flourished in the present-day provinces of Tarlac, Zambales, Nueva Ecija, La Union, Pangasinan, and Benguet. Binalatongan was considered to be one of the most advanced and prosperous towns even before the Spaniards established their presence in the country. The name “Binalatongan” came from the word “balatong”, a Pangasinan term for “mongo” or mung bean which was abundant in the area.

Several revolts headed by Andres Malong in 1660 and Juan dela Cruz Palariz in 1762 had led to humiliating defeats on the part of the Spanish occupiers which lead to the order of King Carlos III to raze Binalatongan to the ground and rename the town of Binalatongan to San Carlos, its present name.

The Municipality of San Carlos was divided into two segments, One became the Municipality of Basista virtue of RA 4866. The larger segment became the City of San Carlos through the Republic Act No. 4487 signed on June 19, 1965.

San Carlos City is part of the third congressional district. It is 19 kilometers from the capital town of Lingayen. San Carlos City has a total land area of 17,087 hectares and a population of 205,424 people according to the 2020 census.

San Carlos City, a major trading center of bamboo and the best producer of carabao mangoes launched in 2001 an annual celebration called “Mango-Bamboo Festival” which reels off during the last week of April of each year, is often held with a kaleidoscope of activities highlighting the event. For this reason, the city derived its title as the “bamboo mango capital of the north.”


Julier Resuello

Vice Mayor
Joseres Resuello

Winston Manuel Millora
Alberto Castro
Orlando Banaag
Carmina Paningbatan
Jack Lester Soriano
Eduardo Garcia
Joshua Resuello
Christian Carlo Cancino
Caren Joyce Frias
Samuel Baniqued


Mapandan got its name from the tropical plant abundant in the area called “pandan” which has a fragrant leaf commonly used in Southeast Asia and South Asia for cooking. Mapandan used to be part of the town of Mangaldan until December 28, 1887, when it was established as a pueblo through Direction General No. 39 Administration Civil No. 169-C by Governor General Emilio Bravo.

The idea of Mapandan’s eventual separation from Mangaldan was conceived by 10 local leaders: Antonio Morales, Sabino Prado, Andres Bongato, Ambrosio Calimlim, Valeriano Tamondong, Tomas Aquino, Fulgencio Nato, Filomeno Sarmiento, Jose Lalas, and Florencio Datuin.

Due to the outbreak of an epidemic, Mapandan was for a short time returned to its mother town of Mangaldan until its re-establishment as a town in 1908.

A part of the third congressional district of the province of Pangasinan, Mapandan borders the municipalities of San Jacinto to the north, Mangaldan to the northwest, Manaoag to the east, and the Municipality of Santa Barbara to the South. It has a total land area of 1,994 hectares and a population of 38,058 people according to the latest census.

Mapandan is an agricultural town with 75% or 2,520 hectares of its land area used for rice farming followed by corn and other vegetables.

At the heart of Mapandan is their municipal plaza which is considered to be one of the most beautiful plazas in the province. it is complete with facilities such as an open-air auditorium, tennis courts, a children’s playground, and a well-maintained landscaping that visitors can enjoy.

As a way of thanksgiving for the bountiful product of the town and in commemoration of its history, Pandan Festival was launched and has become a regular festivity of the town. Held every 2nd week of April, the festival is not just a celebration of the town’s bounties as it highlights the people’s industry, diligence, and commemoration of its colorful history.


Karl Christian Vega

Vice Mayor
Gerald Glenn Tambaoan

Alicia Mariano
Freddie Penuliar
Hilarion Morales
Blando Quinto
John Ericson Parayno
Gem Castro
Ronnie Revilla
Melvin Jerold Ranas
Edwina V. Tambaoan- Liga President
Alexander Khan S. Lagiwid- SKF President


The town of Malasiqui was founded in the 17th century when Spanish missionaries ventured into the area to convert the locals to Catholicism. One day, the locals overheard the three missionary priests who were in charge of surveying the settlement as they argue. One priest uttered “mala” meaning “no good” as the other priest nodded in agreement and said “si” meaning “yes”. Both priests find the settlement unpleasant to stay at. The last missionary priest doesn’t seem to agree with his colleagues and said “yqui” meaning “so what”. Having no idea what the three priests were arguing about, the locals thought that the missionaries named their settlement “mala-si-yqui”. Since that day, the area has been known as Malasiqui.

Two native chiefs Don Domingo Manguisesal and Don Diego Catongal together with a Dominican Priest Father Juan Camacho started the process of the town’s establishment in 1671.

Malasiqui is part of the third congressional district. It is 26 kilometers from the capital town of Lingayen. The town has a land area of 12,378 hectares and a population of 143,094 people according to the 2020 census.

An agro-industrial town, Malasiqui’s main products are meat, poultry, eggs, vegetables, and corn products. Several small-scale industries were also established in Malasiqui like rice mills, motorcycle sidecar assembly, repair shops, bakeries, furniture and woodcraft making, and iron works industries.


Noel Anthony Geslani

Vice Mayor
Alfe Soriano

Rodito Austria
Alexis Mamaril
Daria Dolores Balagtas
Ramelyn Sanchez
William Valdez
Rydel Ann Laforteza
Janice Pinlac
Erik Brian Domantay


The name Calasiao came from the native word “lasi” which means a place of lightning. Founded by the Dominicans in 1588, Calasiao is the second oldest town in Pangasinan. Calasiao is also home to the only NCCA-acknowledged cultural treasure in the Province, the Sts. Peter & Paul Parish Church.

Calasiao is part of the third congressional district of Pangasinan and is 18 kilometers away from Lingayen, the capital town of the province. It has a land area of 5,339 hectares and a population of 100,471 according to the 2020 census.

Calasiao is synonymous with its delectable puto, a sweet treat considered to be the best in the Philippines. The town celebrates the Puto Festival annually in honor of its most popular product.

Other notable products of Calasiao include rice, corn, vegetables, bananas, and mangos. The town is also famous for its cottage industries of hat, basket, and mat weaving, smithing, native cake making, and bocayo manufacturing.


Kevin Roy Macanlalay

Vice Mayor
Nestor A. Gabrillo

Manny Datuin
Felipe De Vera
Ardieson Soriano
Haverdani Das Mesina
Gerald Aficial
Elias Villanueva
Myc Sison
Vanessa S.  Zulueta – SKF PRESIDENT


The name Bayambang is believed to have been derived from the plant colibangbang, which grew abundantly in the area. The original settlers were located in what are now barangays Hermosa and Inirangan. When Bayambang became a Spanish pueblo in 1614, the town transformed into a major transit point for goods in the province. The construction of the Manila-Dagupan Railroad brought further progress to the area.

With its status as a major trading hub in the north, the revolutionary government declared Bayambang as the 5th capital of the First Philippine Republic in 1899. The newspaper La Independencia, staffed by its editor Antonio Luna and other notable personalities such as Rosa Sevilla, Cecilio Apostol, and Jose Palma, used the Bayambang railroad station as a publishing house during the war for independence.

Bayambang is part of the third congressional district located in southern Pangasinan, serving as a gateway to the Province of Tarlac through Camiling. It has a land area of 18,305 hectares and a population of 129,011 according to the 2020 census.

Bayambang is known for its towering St. Vincent sculpture, which stands at 50 meters and is the tallest bamboo sculpture in the world. The sculpture represents the town’s patron saint, St. Vincent Ferrer. The town is also known for its famous Longest Barbecue, which spans more than eight kilometers and features various meat dishes grilled on-site. Bayambang is now fast becoming a major tourist destination in the region, with its other attractions such as the Bayambang Leisure Park and the Bayambang Tree Park.

Bayambang is also known for its agricultural products, such as corn, onions, and rice crackers, which are popular pasalubong items for visitors.