As mandated by law, the Provincial Treasury Office has the responsibility of managing the financial resources of the Provincial Government of Pangasinan. In the performance of its duties and functions, it carries with it the mission and vision of rendering quality service to all clients, thereby enhancing the revenue capability of the provincial government through improved collection methods and strategies, and strict implementation of pertinent revenue laws and ordinances.
Section 470 of the 1987 Constitution of the Republic of the Philippines states that the Provincial Treasurer shall:
1. Advise the Governor, Sanggunian, and other local government and national officials concerned regarding the disposition of local government funds and such matters relative to public finance.
2. Take custody and exercise proper management of funds of the local government unit concerned;
3. Take charge of the disbursement of all local government units concerned in relation to the implementation of tax ordinances, pursuant to the provisions set forth in Book II of the Local Government Code of the Philippines;
4. Inspect private commercial industrial establishments within the jurisdiction of the local government unit concerned in relation to the implementation of tax ordinances under Book II of the Local Government Code of the Philippines;
5. Maintain and update the tax information system of the local government unit;
6. Exercise technical supervision over all treasury offices of competent cities and municipalities.
The Provincial Treasurer’s Office envisions making Pangasinan a premiere Province in revenue generation.
We are committed to serving as the collecting arm and fund custodian in the exercise and proper management of all government funds.