I. Provincial Epidemiology Surveillance Unit (PESU)
- Conduct disease surveillance activities SUCH AS:
– epidemic/outbreak and epidemiologic investigations,
– case disease investigations and validation.
– review of medical records.
- Conducts immediate health response activities to Outbreaks, Epidemic, unusual health events and other urgent public health threats.
- Conducts and provides case disease analysis reports and disseminate reliable data and timely information for immediate disease prevention and control measures
- Provision of technical assistance on rapid containment, quarantine and isolation and disease surveillance activities.
- Conducts staff development programs through meetings, orientations and trainings.
- Formulation of disease surveillance health plans
- Provision of technical assistance and conducts monitoring and evaluation – implementation/establishment of epidemiology and surveillance unit’s province-wide
II. Planning, Training Management Information Systems, ISO & Special Program / Health
- Facilitate the Formulation of the Province-wide Public Health Plan (LIPH & AOP)
- Monitor implementation of LIPH & O P & Evaluates Public Health Program Accomplishment
- Conduct and facilitate training, workshop, orientation, and other related activities.
- Provision of Technical Assistance to program managers, other offices and LGUs
- Facilitate implementation of various health Programs, Projects & Activities (PPAs)
III. Disaster Risk Reduction Management On Health (DRRM-H) / Health Emergency Response Service (HEMS) / Provincial Health Emergency Response Team (PHERT))
- Develops plans, programs, projects, and activities for the prevention and mitigation of health emergencies.
- Ensures functionality of the PHO Disaster Team in anticipation or in response to health emergencies
- Conducts Capacity Building such as Basic Life Support and Standard First Aid for health workers and other partners
- Provide Technical Assistance to RHUs on the institutionalization of Disaster Risk Reduction Management for Health (DRRM-H) Program
IV. Public Health Services
- Provides the technical expertise for the implementation of public health programs, projects, and activities of the province.
- Conducts preventive & promotive activities such as health education & promotion campaign and community assemblies
- Provides technical support/assistance in the implementation of health programs and projects at the LGU Level
- Conducts staff development programs through coaching & mentoring, orientation, training, and workshops.
- Provides technical assistance and coordinates with the municipal/city government units through the Rural Health Units, non-government organizations, and with other line agencies in the implementation of health programs, projects & activities.
- Formulates investment and operational plans for various health programs and projects.
- Conducts on-site inspection of industrial establishments upon the request of the Local Government Units or in cases of complaints.
- Lobby for the formulation and passage of resolutions, and ordinances regarding health programs. Partnership with stakeholders: private sector, civil society groups
- Assist LGUs, ILHZ in the formulation of health plans
- Assist during a medical mission
- Implements planned PPAs
- Monitors and evaluates the implementation of the different health programs
V. Administrative Services
- Provide administrative services
- Implement Human Resource Management Policies
- Responsible for Financial Management
- Facilities and Supply Management
- General Support Services
- Responsible for Records Management