The Province of Pangasinan, led by Governor Amado I. Espino, III received the Hall of Fame award from the Department of Agriculture for having won the Quality Corn Achievers Award for the last three consecutive years in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
The event, keynoted by Senator Cynthia Villar, was held on November 15 at D’ Leonor Inland Resort in Davao City.
As a hall of fame awardee, the province received a P5 million cash prize which, according Governor Espino will be used to further boost the corn industry in the province to ensure bountiful harvest of corn farmers.
The province was cited for its outstanding performance towards the production of quality corn and development of the corn industry.
The other provinces which also received the Achievers’ Awards were: Zamboanga del Sur (also a Hall of Famer), Cagayan, Agusan del Sur and Bukidnon.
Two other LGUs from Pangasinan were conferred with the Quality Corn Achievers award, namely: Sto. Tomas and Alcala, also a hall of famer.
Joing Governor Espino in receiving the award were: Board Member Liberato Z. Villegas, committee chairman on Agriculture and Agrarian Reform and Provincial Agriculturist Dalisay Moya, also a recipient of the Hall of Fame Award as an outstanding Provincial Agriculturist.
Other awardees from Pangasinan, include:
Outstanding Provincial Corn Coordinator
– Venancio B. Valeroso (Hall of Famer)
Outstanding Municipal/City Agriculturist
– Chrisanto G. Balila (Sto. Tomas, Pangasinan)
– Edgardo G. Tugas (Hall of Famer, Alcala, Pangasinan)
Outstanding Municipal/City Corn Coordinators
– Ramil R. Bustamante (Sto. Tomas, Pangasinan)
– Elizabeth B. Tubera (Hall of Famer, Alcala, Pangasinan)
Outstanding Agricultural Extension Workers
– Johnathan D. Dominguez (Hall of Famer, San Nicolas, Pangasinan)
– Zosima G. Belmonte (San Quintin, Pangasinan)
– Alicia S. Noche (Sta. Barbara, Pangasinan)
– Enrique J. Manaois, Jr. (Balungao, Pangasinan)
Pangasian earlier bagged the Hall of Fame Rice Achievers Award in 2015 after successively winning the national contest in year’s 2012,2013 and 2014. (PIO)