Aguilar was founded as a municipality in July 16, 1805 through a decree issued by Governor General Rafael Maria de Aguilar whom this town was named after. Local folklores likewise maintained that Aguilar was identified with an eagle or agila that used to fly around the place at nighttime and would perch on a fence or alar when tired of flying, hence, agila and alar put together formed AGUILAR.
MAYOR: ROLDAN C. SAGLES
VICE MAYOR: JESUS M. ZAMUCO, JR.
LAND AREA: 19,507 hectares
NO. OF BARANGAYS: 16
CLASSIFICATION: 3rd class
TOWN FIESTA: Feast of St. Joseph March 18
PRODUCTS: Rice, Corn, Vegetable, Taho, Mango, Deremen, Suman, Luffa
POINTS OF INTEREST:
St. Joseph Church (1810)
World War II Landmark